Let’s see how to prepare a good mussel sauté, a typical Italian recipe, ideal for summer and perfect as an appetizer or second of your lunches. It is prepared quickly and easily, and if you follow our recipe of mussels sauté and our little secrets, you will make a great impression at the table! We remind you that if you want a tastier dish with a similar process, you can prepare our recipe for mussels Imperata!
HOW TO CLEAN MUSSELS
Allow them to drain in the cold, slightly salted water for a couple of hours, stirring them from time to time and changing the water every half hour.
Brush the shell of the mussels with a knife (which I prefer) or the classic retina, so as to eliminate the byssus.
INGREDIENTS FOR THE S AUTE DI COZZE
- 2 kg of mussels
- 2/3 cloves of garlic
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Chopped parsley
- Lemon wedges
HOW TO PREPARE THE S AUTE DI COZZE IN 10 STEPS
- Clean and scrape the shell of the mussels well, eliminating the residues of sand, algae, the residue of the byssus (the classic clump of mussel).
- After carefully cleaning the mussels, open them by putting them in a saucepan.
- Cover with a lid and cook over high heat to open the valves.
- When the mussels have opened, separate them from the cooking liquid with the help of a sieve.
- Keep the cooking liquid aside.
- Pour the oil and the garlic cloves in a pan.
- Fate fry the garlic for a few moments, then pour the cooking liquid put aside at point 5.
- Add the mussels and let them cook for a few minutes with the sauce.
- Finally, add the chopped parsley.
- The sautéed mussels are ready to be served better if accompanied by slices of grilled bread and lemon wedges.