Valentine’s day. A party loved and hated with the same intensity. Some consider it a commercial party because “those who love each other demonstrate it all year.”
We are overwhelmed by stress, commitments, demands, practical issues, and it is easy to forget demonstrations of affection and tenderness on the road. It is really a moment to leave behind gestures of love and romantic proposals during the moments of nervousness of every day, which are caused by trivial household matters, such as order and disorder, or that result from problems external to the couple.
SO WHAT’S THE HARM IF THERE’S A PARTY THAT REMINDS US OF WHAT WE FORGET ABOUT EVERYDAY LIFE? WHAT REMINDS US TO BOOK A NICE RESTAURANT FOR TWO, TO PREPARE SOMETHING WITH OUR HANDS WITH THE INTENTION OF PLEASING THE OTHER?
Of course, there are certainly those who take it very superficially, but isn’t it with all things? And so let us dedicate ourselves without hesitation to a beautiful sweet all pink: the pink cheesecake with red fruits and amaretto!
INGREDIENTS FOR 2 MINI-PORTIONS
- 250 G OF FRESH RICOTTA
- 100 G OF BEET
- 1 CUP OF CURRANT
- 1 CUP OF RASPBERRIES
- 1 TABLESPOON OF 00 FLOUR
- A TABLESPOON OF LEMON JUICE
- 1 VANILLA BEAN
- 5 G OF GELATIN IN SHEETS
- 4/6 TABLESPOONS OF ICING SUGAR
- 50 G OF HOMEMADE COOKIES
- 40 G OF MACAROONS
- 50 G OF BUTTER
- Prepare the bottom: blend the biscuits and macaroons and mix them with 50 g of melted butter.
- Place two pastry rings with a diameter of 8-10 cm on a sheet of baking paper and fill the bottom with the mixture of biscuits and butter, trying to level it as much as possible.
- Put in the fridge.
- Steam the beets with all the peel (so they will not lose color) for 15-30 and once they have cooled clean them and cut them into pieces.
- Put the gelatine sheets to soak in cold water.
- After a few minutes, remove them from the water and squeeze them well.
- Place the gelatine, the cubes of beetroot, and the lemon in a blender and blend until you get a puree.
- Place the puree in a bowl and add ricotta and sugar.
- To understand how much sugar you need, you must taste the mixture because sometimes bitter beets can happen.
- Grate the seeds of the vanilla bean and place them together with the rest of the ingredients, mix well until you get a homogeneous pink color.
- Lightly flour the red fruits and then place them in the dough.
- The smearing is useful to avoid the fruits falling on the bottom.
- It is jumbled up.
- Take the pastry rings out of the fridge with the base and fill them with ricotta and beetroot cream.
- Put them in the fridge for at least 8 hours.
- Turn out and place on two plates.
- Decorate with some currants, raspberries, and amaretti.
You can also make the pink cheesecake in a cup or glass: after preparing the bottom of biscuits and macaroons, place it at the bottom of the glass and pour the beetroot and ricotta mixture into it. Put everything in the fridge and decorate as above.
If you do not want to run the risk that the cheesecake will stick to the pastry cutter, grease the inside and cover it with a strip of baking paper.