Jalapeño: Chili only for the tough ones.
BENEFICIAL PROPERTIES OF CHILI PEPPERS
Jalapeño pepper has a tremendous number of properties, which bring countless benefits to our body.
In particular, it contains capsaicin, a natural antibacterial, and is rich in vitamins, which are a valid aid and a right defense against stress. Thanks to all these ingredients and natural elements it ranks among the natural medicines.
JALAPE Ñ OR MEXICAN WITH TORTILLAS AND MELTED CHEESE
To make this tasty recipe, you need:
- 80 GRAMS OF JALAPEÑO, WHETHER GREEN OR RED, DOES NOT MATTER
- 80 GRAMS OF TORTILLAS, POSSIBLY THOSE WITH THE TYPICAL TRIANGULAR SHAPE
- 50 GRAMS OF SOFT MEXICAN CHEESE OR EDAMER IS EASIER TO FIND AS AN ALTERNATIVE
- 2 EGGS
- FRYING OIL
The preparation of this typical dish of the cuisine made in Mexico is not at all difficult, even if it involves cooking made of two phases.
- To begin with, you need to get a rectangular oven tray and lay the tortillas on the bottom, which form a bed of finely chopped cheese. The thin-cut allows fusion to be achieved in less time.
- It should be put in the oven at 180 ° C until the cheese is completely melted.
Let’s now pass to the preparation of the jalape ñ or stuffing chili pepper which provides cooking to itself.
In fact, it should not be baked but fried, just to make the dish more appealing to diet freaks …
- Cut the peppers along the side and after thoroughly cleaning all the seeds, stuff them with melted cheese.
- Beat the two eggs, adding a pinch of salt, and grated cheese as required.
- This mixture of egg and Parmesan cheese, like an omelet, we need to be able to pass through the padded jalapeño.
- After this step, let’s pass them in the breadcrumbs.
- Put a pan on the fire with oil, heat it well, and lower the chilies inside.
- As soon as they take on a golden color, we can take them out.
- I recommend the oil must be boiling, this to prevent the low temperature of the oil instead of frying the jalapeño warm only by making the gilding come off and making it absorb the oil.
- Insert the mixture into the previously prepared pan.
ALTERNATIVE RECIPE WITH POTATOES AND CHEESE
I have also elaborated on an alternative recipe that always sees the padded jalapeño in the foreground but with a heart of cream of potatoes and cheese. For the preparation of the potato cream just boil some potatoes (preferably the red quality) mash them with a potato masher to obtain a consistent and homogeneous cream, season the mixture with grated Parmesan cheese.
This is a dish to serve very hotly as in the Mexican tradition, whether it is the classic recipe or the proposed variant. Before starting, don’t forget to bring a frozen “cerveza” (beer) in case of fire.