INGREDIENTS FOR DESERT ROSES
- One egg
- 75 g of sugar
- 100 g of butter
- 50 g of potato starch
- 100 g of almond flour (finely chopped almonds)
- 100 g of flour
- corn flakes
- One sachet of aniline
- 1/2 sachet of yeast
- icing sugar
PREPARATION OF THE DESERT ROSE RECIPE
The ingredients for preparing Desert Roses are many, but the process is simple and fast enough, let’s see how to do it in eight simple steps
- Place an egg and 75 g of sugar in a bowl and mix well until the mixture becomes white and homogeneous.
- Add 100 g of butter and continue stirring.
- Then, mix together 50 g of potato starch, 100 g of almond flour (made with very finely chopped almonds), one sachet of vanillin, 1/2 sachet of yeast and mix all the ingredients again using your hands directly.
- Finally, when the mixture is mixed, add a pinch of salt and 100 g of flour and mix again.
- For the breading of the biscuits pour the corn-flakes into a container, prepare the round balls with the dough and pass them inside the container with the corn-flakes so as to completely cover them.
- The alternative can be placed in an oven dish and covered with corn flakes as I did in this recipe.
- Put everything in the oven at 180 ° for a maximum of 10-15 minutes, making sure that the corn flakes do not scorch (especially those facing down, if the balls are created as in step 6).
- Cover everything with icing sugar: now the cake is ready to be enjoyed
ALTERNATIVE RECIPE: DESERT ROSES WITHOUT ALMONDS AND WITHOUT BUTTER
Looking for an alternative recipe for desert roses? Then you can remove the almonds and replace them with chocolate chips, following the same procedures that we have indicated in the recipe above.
Another interesting alternative for those who want to eat without butter is to prepare desert roses using a little oil instead. The recipe will be good and tasty and will be even lighter!