Thanks to cocoa, and if you prefer to make the recipe even more delicious, you can enrich it with coconut.
INGREDIENTS FOR THE CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH A SOFT HEART
For the cocoa mixture:
-230 g of type “00” flour
– Four eggs
– 165 g of butter
– 165 g of sugar
– 50 ml of milk
– vanilla essence or one sachet of vanillin
– One packet of yeast
– 40 g of bitter cocoa powder
For the heart with coconut:
– One egg white
– 80 ml of milk
– 150 g of dehydrated coconut
– 130 g of sugar
– One tablespoon of cornflour
PREPARATION OF THE COCOA CAKE
If you want to prepare the recipe very quickly, you can also avoid preparing the heart of coconut and making a simple cocoa cake. Otherwise, here’s how to do everything, starting from the inside:
For the heart of coconut
- Whisk the egg white in a bowl.
- Combine the sugar, cornstarch, dehydrated coconut and milk and mix all the ingredients well.
- Keep aside.
For the dough
- Work the softened butter with the sugar and add only the egg yolks (set aside the egg whites: DO NOT THROW THEM) and whip.
- Add the flour, milk, baking powder, vanilla essence, and finally the cocoa and mix well.
- In another bowl beat the egg whites until stiff and then add them to the cocoa mixture, stirring with a spatula from the bottom upwards.
- Grease the mold and pour half of the cocoa mixture, then pour the coconut filling and close with the remaining half of the cocoa mixture.
- Bake at 190 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Finally, I remind you that the ideas for decorating the chocolate cake are many. I prefer a nice sprinkling of icing sugar and flakes of dark chocolate or cocoa powder.