Every now and then they like to eat like they used to, recover the authenticity of the ingredients, cook slowly and slowly and eat without a tv on.
Also in the summer, we need simple recipes, which don’t force us to stay in front of the stove for a long time but don’t force us to give up our beautiful plate of tasty pasta!
INGREDIENTS FOR 2 PEOPLE
- 250 G OF SLAPS
- 250 G OF TOMATO SAUCE
- 2 TABLESPOONS OF CONCENTRATED SAUCE
- 200 G OF BUFFALO MOZZARELLA
- 1/2 RED ONION
- EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
PREPARATION OF THE PASTA WITH BUFFALO MOZZARELLA AND TOMATO
- Start with the sauté: put a dash of extra virgin olive oil in the pan and fry the diced onion.
- When it has started to brown (be careful not to let it scorch. Otherwise the sauce will be bitter. If this should happen, remove the burnt pieces) add the two tablespoons of tomato paste which you will lengthen with two tablespoons of water.
- Stir and after 5 minutes add the tomato sauce, and salt to taste.
- Boil on a slow flame.
- Now put the water on the pasta and stir the sauce from time to time.
- Once the water comes to a boil, drop the slaps and check the cooking time, because you will have to do a couple of calculations: the Schofffoni 83-1 of Garofalo takes 16 minutes of cooking, which I reduced to 13 in water plus 1 in the pan.
- Salt the water with coarse salt.
- Stir gently so as not to break the slaps.
- While the passata and the pasta cook cut the buffalo mozzarella into cubes and set it aside.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain it and pour it gently into the pan, where you will gently mix it for a minute.
- It’s time to serve: place the pasta in each dish and spread the sauce that is left at the bottom of the pan and the diced buffalo on top.
- Give the final touch with a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil on the mozzarella. Your buffalo pasta, tomato, and extra virgin olive oil are ready!
TIPS FOR PREPARING THE PERFECT RECIPE FOR BUFFALO AND TOMATO PASTA
If you have nice fragrant basil, put it in the sauce 5 minutes before finishing cooking and use a nice tuft to decorate;
Cook the sauce as long as you can: the longer it is cooked, the more intense the flavor of the sauce will be. But remember: the sauce should never be watered down!