INGREDIENTS FOR THE CAKE
- 250 g of Digestive biscuits
- Two tablespoons of brown sugar
- 150 grams of butter
- Lemon peel
- 100 ml of fresh cream
- 20 grams of cornstarch or cornstarch
- 1/2 lemon juice
- Two eggs + 1 yolk
- 100 g of sugar
- 600 g (or more) of Philadelphia type cheese
- Two sockets of salt
INGREDIENTS FOR TOPPING (GARNISH)
- 80 g of sugar
- Two tablespoons of cornstarch
- 200 ml of water
- Lemon peel
- lemon juice
PREPARATION OF THE BAKED CHEESECAKE :
Let’s start with the base of the cake.
- Crumble the Digestive biscuits in a mixer, pour the powder you have made into a large bowl, add the brown sugar and mix well.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a saucepan and when it is melted pour it over the biscuits; mix everything to obtain a homogeneous mixture.
- Line a cake pan with a baking paper hinge: cut out a circle of the size of the disc and two (or three) strips that will be used to cover the side edges; “Glue” these pieces with butter with which you have covered the cake pan.
- Spread the biscuit base with a spoon, level it well and create a few centimeters high edges.
- Then put in the fridge for an hour.
For the lemon cream :
- In the meantime prepare the cream that will fill the base : in a large bowl put the two whole eggs, the yolk, the sugar, the lemon rind and beat with a whisk (by hand or electric) until the mixture seems homogeneous; add the Philadelphia and continue stirring trying to remove all the lumps.
- While stirring, add the lemon juice, the cornstarch, and the salt holds, stirring constantly.
- Take the base out of the fridge and fill it with the cream you have prepared, leveling it well.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 ° and set the timer for 30 minutes, after which you will lower to 160 ° and keep in the oven for another 35/40 minutes.
- If you see that the surface of the cake darkens too much cover with a tear of parchment paper.
- Now, all we have to do is prepare the lemon jelly topping: put the sugar, cornstarch, and zest in a saucepan, add the freshly squeezed lemon juice and the water, then put on the fire.
- Bring to a boil and continue stirring until the gelatin reaches a thick consistency.
- Remove from heat and let cool, occasionally stirring to prevent a film from forming on the surface.
- As soon as everything is cold, pour the topping on the cake,
- Put the lemon cheesecake in the fridge for 2 hours
- Decorate with lemon slices. Now the cheesecake is ready to be served